Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Fun Continues

Thursday was a beautiful day so the boys spent a far bit of it in the pool again.  I'm so glad they are getting alot of use out of it.  It's not going to be long before they start complaining it is too small.  We were watching Dane so he was able to get in on the fun!










On Friday it was a bit overcast but I decided to take all the boys to the zoo with some friends of ours.  Really we had Shelley, Lauren, and Ashley with us but somehow I didn't get one picture of them.

We waited in line to see the new penguin exhibit.  Actually the wait wasn't bad at all.  They were so cute.  They almost don't look real.  The king penguins are very regal and stand so still.  Dane enjoyed watching them swim.




The hippos were just hanging out together in the water.  Probably to keep cool.

The poor giraffe was trying so hard to reach a branch to eat some leaves.  He'd get the end of the branch with his ridiculously long tongue and pull it down to his mouth but he just couldn't get to the leaves.









The "craziest" animals in the zoo ...



I love the elephants - I'll be sorry when they leave the zoo.



We saw the sweetest baby tiger cubs!!



I love my camera - got the greatest close up of the snow leopard.



We had a great time at the zoo with Dane and our friends.  The weather was perfect too - a little cooler and we felt a few drops of rain just as we were leaving.  Perfect!



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the penguins. I also will miss the elephants. Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like going on a cooler day provides more animal action! When we went on Thursday the hippos were passed out cold in the scorching hot sun, and the giraffe was wandering aimlessly in and out. The snow leopards were passed out for us too, but were still pretty to see, and the tigers were also passed out in the heat, although Emry did get to see one baby wake up and stretch, she said it even looked at her! I didn't have my camera only my camera on my phone! I couldn't zoom in at all! The zoo is lots of fun and I think Calum enjoyed it more this year than he did last year!

    ReplyDelete