Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another Hazard at Our House

A couple of Saturdays ago when we went to Jonas' 1st birthday party I wore my green sandals that I hadn't worn yet this summer.  When I got home and took my shoes off I had a spot on the bottom of my left foot that was sore.  I assumed that my feet were not used to the shoes and it had just rubbed wrong during the day. 

I switched back to my other flip flops but that spot kept hurting me.  It didn't seem to be getting any better, in fact, the last few days it was really starting to hurt and it was getting hard to walk.  I even found I was starting to limp a bit.

So I thought I better have Jason have a look to see if something was in my foot, or I had cut my foot.  The first time he looked there was a little red mark but it didn't feel raised and he couldn't see anything.  I figured it must have just been a small cut that was aggravated and taking its time healing.

Yesterday it was really starting to hurt me so Jason took another look.  He thought it felt raised this time and was pretty convinced there must be something in there.  So with my foot in the air, and a needle and flashlight in Jason's hand he got to work.  Sure enough once he started digging he noticed something.  It was small and in deep.  He finally got it exposed enough to grab a bit of it with tweezers.  He slowly pulled it out and much to our surprise it wasn't a thorn, or a sliver, but ...

Jason's Hair

a tiny piece of Jason's hair.  His hair is so coarse it had slid into my foot just like a splinter and was digging its way in deeper.  Just one more hazard at our house!

1 comment: