Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bearded Wheat

Jason has been enjoying his experience working in the temple.  The schedule is grueling juggling two jobs, but it is so worth it.  He had a nice experience this week.  On Thursday his boss was reviewing the plans for the ceiling of the celestial room and decided he didn't really like the look of the wheat that had been designed in Salt Lake.  He thought it looked to computer generated and modern.  Jason said the way it was designed it was closed off and kind of looked like a pea pod.

Jason told him about bearded wheat.  A few years ago Jason was working on a project and wanted to add wheat to it and my dad had given him some bearded wheat to use as a reference.  Jason made a quick sketch to show him what he meant.
Not Jason's sketch - just an example for you city folks!

When Jason came in the next morning he discovered that his boss had spent the evening reworking the design and had incorporated Jason's idea of the bearded wheat.  This experience just keeps getting more and more special.  Now when he is looking at the detail in the temple not only will he have painted it, but also had a hand in its design.  I'm so proud of Jason and the sacrifices he is making to have this experience.  I think he is pretty amazing!!

5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Lainie. Just made me think of the farm and the fields of wheat my dad and brother had , harvesting away. Hope he will share these experiences at the reunion with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the most awesome experience he is having and I'm so glad you shared this with us! Now I'll be looking for Jason's (and your Dad's) bearded wheat when I am in the celestial room!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this. I remember when David gave Jason the wheat. Your Dad was so proud of Jasons talents and we were excited to show those interested in the examples of his work that we have. I am so thrilled with this opportunity Jason has. I can't even imagine how he feels. He will be blessed so the long hours will not be to hard on him. I love your little family. You've got quite a guy!!!! Love Mom

      Delete
  3. There really is nothing prettier than bearded wheat! I love it when it turns that beautiful golden colour and moves with the wind. I always tell Jared that it looks so soft I just want to dive in and "swim" through it (I know it is not soft at all, but to look at it, it sure looks soft!) I am proud of Jason too and every time I read about his experiences I get goosebumps! Good luck guys and hopefully we can catch up a little when you are here in August! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I hope he is keeping a journal through all this. I am sure that this experience will be like nothing else. It sounds like it already is. I hope you keep sharing these amazing stories, I love them.

    ReplyDelete