Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An Amazing Talent

For those of you that don't know my husband is an amazing artist.  One of my favorite pictures in our home is of a woman's back that Jason drew years ago. 

Sorry for the reflection - it is behind glass.
His portraits are some of the best I've ever seen.


Jason's latest work was a commissioned painting of four dogs.  He got a referral from another artist that he knows.  He was given pictures of the dogs as well as the basic idea of what they wanted the picture to look like.  He drew a basic sketch on canvas and emailed a photo to the girl to get her approval.  After she gave the go ahead he got to work painting.  I must admit I was a bit nervous that she wanted a painting, as most of the art that I've seen Jason produce have been pencil or charcoal pieces.  I should have known better - I've come to realize that there isn't much Jason can't do.

I hope the receiver of the painting will enjoy it in her home.  I'm so proud of Jason.  He's an amazing man in so many ways.  How lucky am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment