Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hawaiian Haystacks

I made one of Jason's favorite dinners tonight.  I like it too - plus it is super easy.  I'm sure everyone has had hawaiian haystacks, but if you haven't you need to try.

Hawaiian Haystacks

Chicken, roasted and shredded
Gravy
Rice
Diced celery, tomatoes, green onion
Tidbit pineapple
Chow mein noodles
Soy sauce
(any other toppings you might like)

Put rice on your plate, top with all your favorite toppings and smother with gravy.  Yummy!!




Of course, today was also April 1st.  I could hear the boys downstairs this morning, discussing something intently.  I overheard something about "when they open the fridge ....".  So when I came downstairs they immediately asked for me to make them chocolate milk.  Usually Ashton just makes his own so I knew something was up.  So I opened the fridge door and an empty smartie box fell on the floor, and they yelled April Fools.  The boys thought they were hilarious, they had even put a pair of toenail clippers in the box so it would be louder when it hit the floor.  They giggled for the longest time.

It has been a great conference weekend.  Mom came up last night and we surprised her and took her to the Hunger Games.  The movie was awesome and I can't wait for the next one.  Then we spent a lazy day today enjoying each others' company and watching conference.  The talks were wonderful and was the spiritual lift I was needing.  I look forward to getting my May Ensign and reading the talks all over again.

2 comments:

  1. your boys are funny! We love love those haystacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make this this week. I think my kids would love it. Is this what we had at a relief society thing a while back?

    ReplyDelete