Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Grateful for Friends

I've been grateful for a good friend this week.  On Tuesday we had to take our truck into the dealership for some warranty work and to get the oil changed.  So at 3:00 p.m. when the boys came home from school I walked to the bus stop to pick them up.  Unfortunately - it was raining!  Murphy's Law!!  Anyway it wasn't bad the boys enjoyed the walk. 

I had been feeling a little under the weather that day.  Not sure exactly, just kind of nauseous and a headache.  By about 3:30 p.m. that day I was sooooo sick!  Full on stomach flu.  I quickly cancelled my music students for the evening (which I hate to do) and took up residence on the couch.  Later that evening we got a call from the dealership that our truck wouldn't be ready until Wednesday.

I got thinking about having to walk the boys to the bus stop in the morning when I was feeling so horrible.  So I called a friend whose daughter goes to the same bus stop and asked if she'd mind picking up Ashton.  She was happy to do it.  She then surprised me by saying she would come at 11:30 a.m. to pick up Bowen to take him to the bus stop as well.  She doesn't have a child in kindergarten, but was so willing to help me out.  Then she picked them up at 3:00 p.m. and brought them home.

It turns out our truck won't be ready until later today, so Laura drove the boys again today.  Even Bowen at the later time.  Laura sure got me out of a bad situation this week.  I sure appreciate having such a wonderful friend in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have such great friends that are willing to go the extra mile like that. Your mom said you had been sick again. You don't seems to be able to catch a break. Good luck with all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you I am never going to skip the flu shot again!!

    ReplyDelete