Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, May 4, 2012

Our Life in Photos Lately

Nothing out of the ordinary at our house as of late.  We stay busy with all our responsibilities, and have alot of fun with our boys.  Ashton had a great weekend a couple of weeks ago.  On a Friday night he had been invited to a friends house for a playdate.  His friend's mom picked him up from school and then he ended up staying for supper and movie, and didn't get home until 8:30 p.m.  It gave me a bit of a glimpse of our life when he is a teenager and out doing his own thing - I didn't like it!

The next day he was invited to a good friends birthday party.  I dropped him off at noon and didn't pick him up until 8:00 p.m.  I don't remember all day parties when I was a kid.  We discovered Ashton has an interesting way of wrapping presents. 
I think Bowen enjoyed some alone time with Dad when Ashton was busy with friends.  He worked alongside Jason all day and they got alot accomplished in the backyard.  We have alot of deck and it is always a big job to pressure wash it.  It looks so much better, but I think we have an even bigger job ahead of us as it needs to be restained.
Ashton has been obsessed with card towers.  His first couple of days were very frustrating for him as it kept falling down.  He seems to be getting the hang of it.
Jason has been so busy with work and his church calling (which I have no pictures of).  I stay busy with the house (which is a mess at the moment), music students, my church calling, and babysitting.   We love having little Dane in our home when his mom is working.  The boys especially love playing with him.  It is wonderful to see the sweet little relationship these cousins have.
There it is - a small glimpse of our life!

3 comments:

  1. It always bugged me when people said I was busy with little kids at home. It was so easy compared to now. Just the running around. Some days I am home literally 30 mins for dinner. I look at my sister with older kids and see that it really is just going to be busier and busier. I enjoy it though. Much more than babies and getting up in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashton showed us his card tower when we had that meeting. But he has got better since then! I don't remember it being THAT TALL! nice work !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life in pictures seems truly rewarding! As busy as we all are, it is not something we would ever change for even a moment! You have such a wonderful family, and I am so thankful to have you in our lives!

    ReplyDelete