Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Photo A Day Apr 10th/13 - A Place


A place that we've been talking about in our house lately is India.  Ashton has been studying India in school the past few weeks.  He had been given an assignment to make a structure from India and he picked the Taj Mahal.  India is probably not on the top of my list of places to go to, but I would like to see the Taj Mahal someday.

At first he thought he might like to build it out of lego, but was concerned he wouldn't have enough white pieces - so I suggested sugar cubes.  We headed to Costco and bought a case of sugar cubes, Ashton made a base out of cardboard and got to work.


He made quick work of it - I think this was the progress at the end of day two.  His model consisted of sugar cubes, white paper and a few styrofoam balls.


Last items to be added were micro mini lego men.



Ashton and I safely delivered it to the school today.  I think he did an awesome job!  The boys were talking about what they should make with the remaining sugar cubes - the consensus seems to be to build the Calgary Temple!  Should make for a few fun family home evening activities.  Where is a place you'd like to visit?

1 comment:

  1. What a talented kid!! Please let Ashton know that it looks awesome and I like the extra touch of the mini lego men. Love the idea of doing the Calgary temple next. I know I won't be coming up with anything this creative for my "place" theme today.

    ReplyDelete