Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Photo A Day Apr 23rd/13 - Time

Today's word is TIME!  The first thing that I thought of was a couple of my clocks that are frozen in time.

One is in my music room ...


A most inconvenient clock to not have working.  I always need to make sure that I either wear my watch, or have the phone on the piano so I know when to stop music lessons.  It sort of cracks me up when I notice students glancing up at it to see if their lesson is almost over and they have a puzzled look on their face.

The other clock is in my family room on the mantle ...


This is the only clock in this room, so I'm always having to either look over at the microwave in the kitchen (and with my quickly aging eyes is getting more difficult to see), or hit info on the TV.

I'm not sure what is wrong with these clocks but when we replace the batteries they only work for a few days and then they start running slow again and eventually stop.  The trouble is I love both of them and do not want to replace them.  The one in the music room was from my mom, and my sister bought me the one on the mantle.  I'm thinking I'd like to try and replace the clock mechanisms before I get rid of them.  That job has been added to my husband's ever increasing hunny-do-list!  So for now they are just frozen in time!!

1 comment:

  1. Both beautiful clocks. That is funny the one in the music room doesn't work:)

    ReplyDelete